Monday, December 1, 2008

Saved By The Bell

     One of my earliest pop obsessions was the hit show of the 90's "Saved By The Bell"(Hence my name "Zack_Attakk)  It is also probably one of the reasons why I will never truly be satisfied with my own life because I always believed I was gonna be on Saved By The Bell the new class, but the show ended up being cancelled before I was of age to audition. 
     When your in daycare you want to be in kindergarton.....when your in kindergarton you want to be in elementary school......when your in elementary school you want to be in junior high.......when your in junior high you want to be in high school.......when your in high school you want to be in college......when your in college you want to be in university......when your in university you want to have a career.....when you have a career you just want to be a kid again.  Why do we always want things to be different instead of just enjoying the moment and going with the flow?  Probably because we are always bombarded with images and ideas oh how great certain ages or steps in life are, or how they are suppost to be.  Saved by the Bell was one of those shows that captured this ideal image or idea of how highschool was suppost to be or how teenage life was suppost to be in a crazy comical way.  That is why I love every minute of Saved By The Bell and will never truly get enough of it! The bright colors, the pep rallys, the mascots, the cheerleaders, the malt shop hangout, the classic stereotypes like the Jocks, the Nerds, the Browners, the Pretty Girls, and then of coarse the guy that everyone can relate to Zack Morris! It was just a magical show that has truly passed the test of time, as it seems to be even more popular today than when it first started back in 1988!  I think the reason for Saved by the Bell's success is that it didn't care about being a little sappy or a little cheesy it just went for it.  Good wholesome loveable characters with a zest for life....I'm getting tingly all over just thinking about them!   Saved By The Bell is the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     

3 comments:

Steph07 said...

Don't forget it had the latest technology (giant cellphones!)

Tim Kendall said...

I must agree, nobody truly appreciates what they have now. All they want is more, more, more....Leave Britney alone....sorry got a little carried away there. But it's true Saved by the bell was always that show growing up that we could relate to. Of course high school was nothing like theres, but the friends and times you spent there nobody can take away from you. All the friends and people you met along the way. If it wasn't for my high school job I wouldn't have met 2 of my best friends I have today. Thanks to a black out, I was brought closer to the greatest friend I have in my life. A little stunned that another guy actually had the first 2 spice girls albums, and drooled over Geri Halliwell. If that wasn't it maybe it was the feeling of wanting to be friends with someone while buying a coffee at Tim Horton's.

I like blogs like this, like what you've done because you actually get a chance to express your mind and have nobody laugh or cut you off while you're trying to express that

kyle said...

man, i miss high school. :( good times